We’ve compiled a list of fun Eugene-area activities for all ages this November! Stay safe and remember to check COVID-19 restrictions before you go.
Friday Night Writes : Quarantine Edition
- Where: Online
- When: 11/12/2021 (Friday) 6PM-9PM
- Description: Hey, Writer Friends! In light of the ongoing “sparkling isolation” due to Covid-19, we want to make sure everyone still has access to writing community. Whether you’re a member or not, or have a few dollars to contribute or not, we welcome you to Friday Night Writes.
- Sign up here: https://wordcrafters.org/friday-night-writes/
Broadway House Concerts Reopens a New Season of Jazz House Concerts with the Dave Tull Trio
- Where: Broadway House
- When: 11/12/2021 7PM (Friday)
- Description: The Dave Tull Trio will perform on Friday November 12th at 7:00pm. Dave Tull is a dynamic jazz drummer as well as a skillful songwriter and singer. He will be accompanied by Portland-area favorites Randy Porter on keyboards and Tom Wakeling on bass. Broadway House will be limiting its seating capacity to maintain a safe house concert setting, and reservations will be honored on a first-come basis. Email Paul Bodin at email@example.com with your reservation request. Admission is $25 general, with $15 admission for students. Please bring a proof of vaccination along with your personal ID. Broadway House Concerts is located at 911 West Broadway at the corner of Adams and Broadway in downtown Eugene.
- Website: Broadway House Concerts Reopens a New… | Nov 12 | Eugene Weekly
Hip Hop Nutcracker
- Where: Hult Center, Eugene
- When: 11/12/2021 (Friday) 7PM
- Description: Just like the classic Nutcracker story, in The Hip Hop Nutcracker Maria-Clara and the Nutcracker prince go on a dream adventure battling a gang of mice, visiting the land of sweets and learning the lessons of the holiday season. Innovative digital graffiti and visuals transform the landscape of E.T.A. Hoffmann’s beloved story from traditional 19th Century Germany to the vibrant, diverse sights and sounds of a colorful and contemporary New York City. (Admission $38)
- Website: Things To Do in Eugene OR – The Register-Guard (registerguard.com)
90s vs 2000’s Thanksgiving Dance Party (21+)
- Where: Blairally
- When: 11/20/2021 (Saturday) 10PM – 2AM
- Description: Kick off the holiday season in the groove to the best of the 90s & 2000’s! Give thanks & lift your spirit with us on the dance floor! It’s booty shakin’ time with DJ Mandy Mac! $5 cover
- Website: 90s vs 2000’s Thanksgiving Dance Party $5 cover (facebook.com)
Run to Stay Warm
- Where: Downtown Riverfront Park, 500 E 4th Avenue, Eugene OR
- When: 11/21/2021 (Sunday) – 8:30 AM
- Description:The Run to Stay Warm has something for everyone on its course along the Willamette River; elite and novice runners and walkers will enjoy this annual half marathon, 10K, 5K and free kid’s run. The course follows the paved bike paths of the Ruth Bascom Riverbank Trail along the beautiful Willamette River. Race your way through Steve Prefontaine’s old stomping grounds and burn off some extra calories before the coming Thanksgiving feast! All courses begin and end at the new Downtown Riverfront Park. Not only is this race fun for all, it supports a great cause; raising funds for the EWEB Customer Care program, which helps income-eligible customers who are having difficulty paying their utility bills. Each year, the program helps thousands of families stay warm throughout the winter months. (Cost $40-$85)
- Website: 2021 Run to Stay Warm (eugenecascadescoast.org)
Turkey Stuffer 5k!
- Where: Lively Park, 6100 Thurston Road, Springfield
- When: 11/25/2021 (Thursday, Thanksgiving Morning)
- Description: The Turkey Stuffer 5K is a community tradition! This year, celebrate 40 years of running, walking, rolling, and waddling on Thanksgiving morning. The flat course loops through a beautiful and quiet residential neighborhood. Bring your whole family!
- Website: Turkey Stuffer 5K (eugenecascadescoast.org)
Festival of Trees
- Where: Valley River Inn 1000 Valley River Way, Eugene, OR 97401
- When: 11/26/21 (Friday), 9 AM – 11/28/21 (Sunday), 1 PM
- Description: Festival of Trees is back! A family tradition in Eugene-Springfield, Festival of Trees features elaborately decorated trees with unique themes from talented designers. The Tour of Trees transforms the Valley River Inn into a winter wonderland, and guests will also enjoy a festive gift and home décor marketplace, gorgeous wreaths, silent auction baskets and more!
- The Tour of Trees will be open to the public with a suggested donation of $10 per adult, $5 per child or $20 per family.
- All proceeds from Festival of Trees benefit the Pete Moore Hospice House, offering hospital-level care and emotional support for patients with life-limiting illness and their families.
- Website: Festival of Trees (facebook.com)