We’ve compiled a list of choice creative exhibits and events to check out this November! Stay safe and remember to check COVID-19 restrictions before you go.
Downtown Springfield 2nd Friday Art Walk!
- Where: Emerald Art Center
- When: 11/12/2021 (Friday) 5PM-7:30PM
- Description: Art, Live Music, & Refreshments! Visit Downtown Springfield on Nov. 12th for the 2nd Friday Art Walk, presented by the Emerald Art Center Meet with local artists and stroll through art installations.
- Website: Downtown Springfield 2nd Friday Art Walk! | Nov 12 | Eugene Weekly
Little Wonders Online
- Where: Online (hosted by the Museum of Natural and Cultural History)
- When: Beginning 11/19/2021-Friday (Kit pickup begins 11/17/2021-Wednesday)
- Description: Available on our website beginning November 19
- Kits available for pickup starting Wednesday, November 17
- Preschoolers and their adults can join us online for our popular Little Wonders program, featuring stories, hands-on activities, and more. This month is all about things with wings! From birds to bugs to bats, discover flying animals living all around us.
- Website: Little Wonders Online | Museum of Natural and Cultural History (uoregon.edu)
Small Treasures: Mezzotints by Hamanishi Katsunori / Etchings by Tanaka Ryohei
- Where: White Lotus Gallery
- When: 11/19/2021 – 1/22/2022
- Description: Works for intimate appreciation by two master printmakers
- Website: Home – White Lotus Gallery (wlotus.com)
Siri Vik: Save For Later
- Where: 868 High Street, Eugene OR
- When: 11/19/2021 (Friday) – 11/21/2021 (Sunday) 7:30PM-9:30 PM All nights.
- Description: “My projects in partnership with The Shedd have nearly all been built upon a theme, a narrative arc — whether that be a kind of retrospective biography or, around a central idea. There’s a beautiful structure and grounding to this approach. I like the sense of story of my past Shedd shows. I got curious, nevertheless, about how it would feel to perform a set of music not tethered to a set narrative. How about performing music that I love but that for whatever reason remain un-sung, and in a file folder in my piano bench, marked “for future.” That is essentially this November’s show, Save For Later. Our set list is a high contrast mix of old, dear favorites and not-so-guilty pleasures. Opera, art song, gospel, blues, Broadway, jazz, Weill & Brecht, French chanson, Brazilian, Spanish, movie soundtracks of my youth, and classic and contemporary pop. At first glance, it’s a crazy funhouse collection from the ridiculous to the, if I dare say, sublime.” -Siri Vik
- Website: Save For Later – Fri, Nov 19, 2021 – The Shedd Institute